How's that for service

Andsome 16:26 25 Feb 2003

I have had my new computer for exactly 30 days today. I have been very pleased with it, but just in the last half hour I have noticed that the monitor seems to be a little off colour,(I think thats the best way to describe it). Area's of print on the webpage appeared to be lighter than adjacent area's. It is only very slight, but was not there before. I have just come off the telephone after describing the fault to an operator at the manufacturers, GNR. I described the fault to him, and he replied,'what address shall we deliver a replacement to on Thursday. How refreshing to deal with a company like that. NOW THAT IS SERVICE.

rawprawn 16:29 25 Feb 2003

Brilliant, please let us know if it arrives on thursday.

huzzar 16:32 25 Feb 2003

here here

Djohn 16:57 25 Feb 2003

Excellent service Andsome, make sure that the replacement is new though, and not a swap out. As you say, yours is only 30 days old. J.

doug 17:00 25 Feb 2003

Who was the supplier and don't you think this should be in consumer watch as well?

Andsome 07:43 26 Feb 2003

The supplier was my local shop. I appreciate the fact that in law they are responsible. I telephoned the manufacturer to see if there were any settings etc which I needed to alter. Within two minutes of discussing the fault, the replacement was offered. I would have been a fool to insist that I wanted to go back to the shop instead. After Djohn's posting warning me to check that the replacement would not be refurbished. I was assured that as long as a model is current, it is the company's policy only to replace faulty monitors with brand new ones. He also said that had the fault occured earlier in the day, they would have been able to despatch yesterday, and I would have recieved it today.

doug 09:05 26 Feb 2003

Yup. That is service.

Andsome 09:42 26 Feb 2003

click here

This is the company's website if anyone is interested.

Stokey 09:53 26 Feb 2003

This is how it should be, simple really, if you keep your customers happy you are likely to keep those customers. Everyone can make mistakes, rectifying them quickly can be more impressive sometimes than getting it right in the first place. Well done GNR!!

Djohn 11:47 26 Feb 2003

Andsome, Excellent service, They and Canon are both company's well worth dealing with, for the way they sort a problem. J.

Andsome 14:56 27 Feb 2003

3-45pm, and as promised my new monitor has arrived. Once again, HOW ABOUT THAT FOR EXCELLENT SERVICE? Any company can produce a problem item, but it is how it is handled when a complaint is made that matters. Once again GNR, WELL DONE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?