How to XP CD

Liza 17:17 11 Jun 2010

Every time I tried to make up the CD something or other happened and I failed on booting, extracting, slipstreaming. Anyway I finally got through all the hurdles and produced my new CDXP3. I needed to reinstall XP on my PC so here was the chance to use the new disk. Installing was a breeze but when it came to the last 9 minutes this flashed "...has not pssed windows logo testing to verify the compatability with Windows. This software will not be installed. Contact your system admin. OK." I did not press OK but pressed enter key several times this action caused the setup to continue and XPSP3 was installed! What did I do wrong please. However after starting Windows a update icon appeared and lots of updates were being installed. James Bannon said there was no need to worry about XPSP2 and that XPSP3 would cover everything. True?
Liza

T I M B O 17:36 11 Jun 2010

All of sp2 & sp3 need to be install for sure. You must do all the Express updates. Once you have completed one lot of updates, then keep checking time & time again till no updates appear.

You must also install an antivirus>>> click here

gengiscant 07:55 12 Jun 2010

I assume you are talking about slipstreaming Xp and SP3. Even though you have installed SP3 there are plenty of updates since SP3 was issued.So your slipstreamed disc will never be up to date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017