how to write a technical report

science wiz 11:55 11 Sep 2008

my computer has failed and the hard dist and motherboard are out of use. and i want to report than. what word do i use to name the situation? i have lost all my data and the computer is nolonger usable!

please help me on this.

/Godbless

UncleP 12:16 11 Sep 2008

Don't despair - there are some very good guys on this forum who can help. First thing, don't play with the computer in the hope of solving the problem - you may only make it worse.

What the experts will need is information about your system, what happened to it and whether there were any symptoms or changes before it all went wrong. So sit down, compose yourself (not easy, I know!), and jot down on a piece of paper

- a brief description of the essential parts of your computer, eg operating system, amount of RAM, microprocessor etc
- what happened when it failed, in detail
- were there any error messages on the screen?
- were there any preceding symptoms, odd events etc
- had you changed the system in any way before the failure eg added new hardware, installed new programs and so on

Remember, the more relevant information you supply, the more likely it is that they can provide effective assistance.

UncleP 12:19 11 Sep 2008

and, of course, when you thought hard and got it all organised, post the information back into this thread!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?