How to use TCP/IP repair? Help please...thankyou

bof:) 14:44 02 Jul 2007

Hi all, having removed Micro Bill Services from my friends pc he can no longer connect to the internet and most of his 'Services' have been disabled.

From a posting asking about this, it was suggested that we try XP TCP/IP repair and if that fails Winsock repair.

click here

Last night I got him to run SFC which found nothing.

So, I've now copied XP TCP/IP Repair and Winsock Repair to separate floppy disks for my friend to try tonight.

Do you turn the pc off, put XP IP/Repair floppy into the 'A' drive and turn pc on?

Or Do you load XP as normal and then run XP TCP/IP Repair?

I understand that you try XP TCP/IP Repair first and if that fails then the Winsock repair. Is tis correct?

Do you use Winsock Repair in the same way you use TCP/IP repair?

I also asked my friend to get a new copy of their Onetel installation disk, which they have done. They tried to reinstall Onetel and got a message saying they had already got a copy on the PC.

So, he deleted the old program and installed the new program. He still cannot connect to the net.

many thanks,

Mike

VoG II 14:50 02 Jul 2007

Both of them should be run from within Windows.

I don't think that the order matters.

bof:) 15:14 02 Jul 2007

Hi VoG™, thanks for that,

Its very much appreciated. I'll let you know how I get on.

I guess the next problems will be re-enabling all of the 'Services' that are now disabled since getting rid of MBS and then getting System Restore to work. (At the moment my friend is unable to go back past 1.6.07 to try another restore point).

He has not made any himself but I understood XP made its own every now and then but none appear to have been made.

Plus everything being done over the phone, which makes it a little awkward.

Thank you again for the help,MSB is really a pain in the backside,

Mike

bof:) 12:42 04 Jul 2007

Hi all, friend now back on the net, and is a very happy bunny.

many,many thanks for your help,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?