how to use old digital camera as webcam

Andy.F. 22:41 14 Feb 2005

Hello good folks..it's dopey drawers again bothering you. I have an old goodmans 1.3 megapixel camera which says in the instructions that I can use as a webcam. It says I will need additional software for this purpose but it dosen't tell me what software. I currently use a webcam on AOL and AOL downloads and installs the software I needed to use it but the camera isn't very good. I have the software disc for the old digital camera. The webcam I use at present has a program on my desktop called VP-EYE....when I plugged in the digital camera with software installed and tried to see if I could get a picture via vp-eye windows crashed...oh dear...huh. any of you good folks got any ideas please...windows xp home...sp2 installed. many many thanks...Andy

Salinger 22:46 14 Feb 2005

You could try the Goodmans site to see if they have any drivers you can download. I don't use AOL but from what I have seen, it seems to be a bit finicky with non AOL stuff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?