How to use google earth

ponytail 12:07 30 Nov 2014

I dont use this program often but on a few occasions when I have used and entered the street or road name all I get is a ground level view or worms eye view.This does not happen everytime but why does it happen

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:27 30 Nov 2014

You need to toggle between Ground view and Street view see here

spuds 14:15 30 Nov 2014

Apologies for hijacking. Does Google earth regular update its location points, now that most of the groundwork been done?.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:41 30 Nov 2014

Yes every couple of months but some of the street view pictures are quite old

click here

spuds 14:56 30 Nov 2014

FB - Thanks for that information. The reason why I asked, was due to seeing this post, then downloading Google Earth, having removed it off my computer previously.

I was a little surprised to see my location was the same, when the Google vehicle was outside my property a few years ago. Thought that with modern technology and perhaps satellites, it would be easier to update, even though it might be a mammoth task to do so. I am also of the thought, that I cannot zoom-in as much as I was able to do previously.

Again apologies to ponytail.

ponytail 16:31 30 Nov 2014

If I enter my street my old car which I changed about two years ago is still in the drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:34 30 Nov 2014

Yes because the street view pictures are only updated regularly for the Major cities (mostly American)

ponytail 08:14 01 Dec 2014

The following is where my niece lives in Australia Georgina Street, Hilbert, Western Australia, Australia But only get a ground level view perhaps one of you can try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires