How to uninstall word 97 pro

ACOLYTE 15:59 05 Feb 2005

Can somone tell me how to uninstall this without the cd? every time i try to uninstall it asks for the cd and i dont have it.

mattyc_92 16:01 05 Feb 2005

It shouldn't ask for the CD... You mush have some "corrupt" registry files for this program... The only thing I can think of (off hand) is to delete as much as the files yourself and remove it from the Add or Remove programs list... Or install a newer version over the top of it

ACOLYTE 16:05 05 Feb 2005

This is on a win95 pc its not my pc im just clearing things off for a friend i have managed to get most things off from add/remove but this word wont budge without the cd and he hasnt got it,as this was installed when he got the pc.I dont wont to just delete the files as there are add ons and things for it and a big task bar like thing down the side of the screen,that i cant firure out how to turn off,lol.

mattyc_92 16:13 05 Feb 2005

Does it look like this??? click here

That taskbar thing as you call it is the Shortcut Bar... Just right-click onto it and select close

mattyc_92 16:15 05 Feb 2005

Right-click onto the "blue" part on the far left and select exit

ACOLYTE 16:16 05 Feb 2005

Yep thats the bar there is a lot more things in it tho and its on the side not top of screen,when i right click it and select close it asks for the cd lol.

mattyc_92 16:17 05 Feb 2005

There are loads of files missing....

Ask the personal who the system belongs to what the hell he/she has been doing.. lol

mattyc_92 16:19 05 Feb 2005

I guess that most of the other programs are going to be like this... I would just backup the important files and format the system (if you have the Win95 installation disk)

ACOLYTE 16:21 05 Feb 2005

This looks very wierd i havent used win 95 for ages,lol i think ill ring him and ask if he wonts it formating,lol the bios is 1996!, and some of the hardware on it i have never heard of plus it only has 32meg of ram so everything takes ages to do,lol.

mattyc_92 16:22 05 Feb 2005

Rather you than me... lol

Eastender 16:22 05 Feb 2005

It may be worth trying a third party uninstaller.

30 trial click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?