how to uninstall wise ftp

jimrich 07:54 13 Feb 2008

My OS is Win. XP sp2 home ed.

I'm trying to remove Wise FTP version 3 free thru 1&1 hosting.

I go to Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs/select: Wise_FTP and click on: Change/Remove

A message box opens with:
Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for WISE-FTP
The wizard will up grade Wise FTP to version 3.0.0.7.
To continue, click Next.

I do not need or want an ‘up grade’ but I click Next anyway and a box opens with:
Please insert disk 1 that contains the file Setup.ini.

Path: C:\DOCUME~1\JIMRIC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\pftC.tmp\Disk1

Of course, the suggested Path leads nowhere. I have no such disk and never did, so the process of uninstalling Wise_FTP stops there!

I cannot delete it manually because Window’s Search option cannot find anything re: wise ftp, acebit or wf_Scheduler.exe.

thanks for your help,
jim

€dstowe 08:30 13 Feb 2008
  Sea Urchin 09:37 13 Feb 2008

I think you've linked jimrich to his own question on the AceBIT forum. And to jimrich, did you get anywhere with AceBIT support in their link?

€dstowe 10:44 13 Feb 2008

I did indeed link jimrich to his own question - the reason being that there was a reply there which would most likely have helped, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Sea Urchin 10:58 13 Feb 2008

Apologies €dstowe - I was confused by the time on the reply - your link appeared to be 20 mins before the reply was posted. But I now see that the AceBIT forum is GMT + 1 hour.

brundle 11:32 13 Feb 2008

Reinstall and uninstall, it's looking for temporary files created by the installation process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone