How to uninstall java

hiwatt 11:57 10 Dec 2007

Hi folks,I've got a similar thread titled updating java which I've managed to do but I'm having absolutely no luck uninstalling the old versions of java.I tried this manual methodclick here but it tells me that 1E will no longer be able to download files from the net if I select yes.When trying it via add/remove it prompts me for a cd rom.Does anyone know of a definitive way I can uninstall ols versions of java?Thanks.

birdface 12:10 10 Dec 2007

Hi.Still not having any luck deleting Java.This is a manual way of doing it. click here

birdface 12:13 10 Dec 2007

Another.You have to scroll down for the removal tool.click here

hiwatt 12:56 10 Dec 2007

Thanks buteman.I done it manually.I followed all the instructions but still java 2 runtime enviroment SE V1.4.2 and J2SE 5.0 update 6 are still there in add/remove programs and wont uninstall.I've tried ccleaner and done a registry clean with eusing.Is there no way of removing them?Are these different versions again from what I've just removed?Thanks for your help.

birdface 13:12 10 Dec 2007

You could try this.click here;[LN];290301 If you have not used it before you will get a list of programs only delete the ones that you are looking for.See if that helps.

birdface 13:13 10 Dec 2007

Oops.click here

birdface 13:53 10 Dec 2007

Hi.You will probably have to close your other thread now as they only like you to run one with the same subject.Other thread.click here

hiwatt 14:10 10 Dec 2007

Thanks a million.That did the trick.After manually uninstalling the microsoft version of java I was getting some problems on certain web sites.Thankfully a system restore sorted it out.Problem solved.Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?