How to transfer music from CD to MP3 Player

ponytail 07:56 11 Mar 2015
Answered

My wife is going away for a week this Sunday and wants to take her MP3 player with her.She has asked me if I can put her favourite music on it.So what is the best/easiest way to transfer/copy some of her CDs onto her MPE player.Her MP3 player is a Philips GO GEAR VIBE MP4 PLAYER.

ponytail 08:15 11 Mar 2015

I want to delete the old music on the player so went here. Philips SA4VBE08KF/37 User Manual - ManualsLib But when I go into playlists there are three lists and have followed the instructions but nothing deletes.I can delete one at a time but that will take ages When you click on the link it is the top one then select page 16.Thanks

ponytail 09:17 11 Mar 2015

I have deleted the music on the player now so just need to find out how to get the new music on it.

conrail 11:04 11 Mar 2015

I have a go gear mp3 player, plug the mp3 player into your pc then open it up and search each folder, I only have one folder titled Music, to add the music you need to copy the music from the CD to your pc then drag and drop onto the mp3 player, you can't drag and drop direct from a CD to the mp3 player, the other option is that if you bought your CD's from Amazon then use their cloud player where all your bought CD's are available as MP3 downloads. hope that helps

Daisy_Michael 11:18 11 Mar 2015

What matters is the format of music; music CDs normally used to have uncompressed music files and for them to be played in the MP3 player you'd have to convert them in supported format.

The supported formats in Philips GoGear Vibe 4GB MP4 Player are MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC and APE; make sure you are using the compatible files.

Copy the music from your CD to the local drive HDD or SSD and copy from here to Philips GoGear Vibe 4GB MP4 Player.

ponytail 11:34 11 Mar 2015

I copied the music to my laptop by going into media player and selecting rip.I can locate the music on my laptop I click on start then music and it's there but seem unable to get it onto the player

ponytail 11:43 11 Mar 2015

I copied the music to my laptop by going into media player and selecting rip.I can locate the music on my laptop I click on start then music and it's there but seem unable to get it onto the player

ponytail 11:46 11 Mar 2015

I find the music by opening songbird then clicking file then import media then libraries then music then public music and the songs are there but how do I drag and drop them from there

Daisy_Michael 14:28 11 Mar 2015

You'd have to use the guidelines listed at click here & copying would start from here onward:

ponytail 06:17 12 Mar 2015
Answer

I have now solved the puzzle first of all I went into media player and selected rip and then went into songbird clicked on file selected import media found the folder highlighted the tracks right clicked and it said move to device with Philips the option clicked on Philips and it transferred the music to the player.Thanks for all the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017