Alienware 17 R4 2017 review
I have set up a New Hard in my Computer and I would like to transfer all my mail and Address Book from my old Hard Drivre to the New one in the same computer.
I have XP Pro with SP3.
Clapton is God,
Yes the old Hard Drive with all data is still in my Computer but unplugged. I have transferred all my Personal data to my New Hard Drive. I have not backed up my mail they are all still in my Old hard drive.
OK. If you can re-attach the old hard drive, this is how to export your OE address book and then import it back into OE on your new hard drive:
1. On the File menu, click Export and then Address Book
2. Click Text File (Comma Separated Values) and then click Export
3. Click Browse
4. Locate the Mail Backup folder that you created
5. In the File Name box, type Address Book Backup and then click Save
6. Click Next
7. Click to select the check boxes for the fields that you want to export and then click Finish
8. Click OK and Close
To Import your Outlook Express Address Book back into OE
1. On the File menu, click Import, and then click Other Address Book
2. Click Text File (Comma Separated Values), and then click Import
3. Click Browse
4. Locate the Mail Backup folder in your backup location, click the address book backup.csv file, and then click Open
5. Click Next, and then click Finish
6. Click OK, and then click Close
And this is how to do the same with your e-mails:
Step A: Locate the Store folder
1. Start Outlook Express.
2. Click Tools and then click Options.
3. On the Maintenance tab, click Store Folder.
4. In the Store Location dialog box, copy the store location. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Put the mouse pointer at one end of the box under the Your personal message store is located in the following folder box.
b. Press and hold the left mouse button and then drag the mouse pointer across the Your personal message store is located in the following folder box.
c. Press CTRL+C to copy the location.
5. Click Cancel, and then click Cancel again to close the dialog box.
Step B: Copy the contents of the Store folder
1. Click Start, click Run, press CTRL+V and then click OK.
2. On the Edit menu, click Select All.
3. On the Edit menu, click Copy and then close the window.
Step C: Create a backup folder
1. Right-click any empty area on your desktop, click New and then click Folder.
2. Type Mail Backup for the folder name and then press ENTER.
Step D: Paste the contents of the Store folder into the backup folder
1. Double-click the Mail Backup folder to open it.
2. Right-click inside the Mail Backup folder window and then click Paste.
How to Restore Outlook Express items:
Note To restore items when you use multiple identities in Outlook Express, you may have to re-create the identities before you follow these steps. Repeat each step as needed for each identity:
Step 1: Import messages from the backup folder
1. On the File menu, point to Import and then click Messages.
2. In the Select an e-mail program to import from box, click Microsoft Outlook Express 5 or Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and then click Next.
3. Click Import mail from an OE6 store directory and then click OK.
4. Click Browse, and then click the Mail Backup folder.
5. Click OK and then click Next.
6. Click All folders, click Next and then click Finish.
Clapton is God,
WOW!!! Thanks, for taking time to write out all the Instructions for me.
I shall do all that tomorrow. We have the Six Scoundrels here for the weekend and they have taken over the two computers.
..or just provide my regular link(!):
Lots of other useful tips on this page.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.