How to transfer files via iCloud

ChishillPhil 14:07 26 Feb 2014

It seams to me that more and more people are using Apple devices, and they all seem to have the same problem - transferring contacts from a PC to the Apple device. Can someone please tell me how to do it? Maybe using iCloud, or maybe iTunes, or maybe it is not possible.

john bunyan 14:19 26 Feb 2014

Create an Apple id and an Apple I Cloud ID (can be the same). Enable the device and contacts are shared via iCloud. Woolwell will, no doubt , be more specific!!

john bunyan 14:21 26 Feb 2014

I have a different problem - is it possible, on one iPad to use 2 identities with separate contact lists? Sorry to ask this supplementary.

Woolwell 15:50 26 Feb 2014

It does depend on what you are using for contacts eg Outlook, Windows Live Mail, etc but basically john bunyan is correct regarding iCloud and iTunes will also do it. My contacts are all automatically synced between PC, iPad and iPhone. However I've had more difficulty syncing them with W8 and the contacts app. Apple support is pretty good read How to transfer or sync content

iPad doesn't support multiple users so you cannot use 2 identities. It was designed to be a single person device. Of course many families don't use it that way.

As an a side the Photostream is good. Take a photo on an iPhone or iPad and with wifi a few seconds later the photo is on PC, iPhone and iPad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?