How to stop "Save PDF file" message?

stlucia 19:37 15 Apr 2009

This morning I had a problem creating a .pdf file from Adobe Pagemaker. The process involves "printing" the file to a virtual printer -- the Adobe PDF creator.

Ever since then I've been getting a message cropping up prompting me to give the file a name and say which folder it's been saved in. If I click on the "Cancel" button, the message crops up again a couple of seconds later. If I Ctrl-Alt-Del and End Task, the message crops up again about three minutes later.

I've tried rebooting my PC, and it's been powered-off all afternoon, but the message still keeps coming back. Any ideas how can I stop it, please?

stlucia 20:37 15 Apr 2009

Shortly after posting the messages stopped, and haven't appeared for about 30 minutes now.

I'm guessing the software must have created a "queue" of incomplete print commands (though nothing showed in the print queue) which have now been exhausted.

stlucia 07:26 16 Apr 2009

On booting up this morning, the message is back again. I didn't see it for 2 hours last night, but as soon as my PC booted it was there again, and came back immediately every time I clicked on the "Cancel" button.

So, any suggestions, please?

Taff™ 08:05 16 Apr 2009

Have a look in "Printers" and see if anything is queued in the PDF printer. If it came up immediately on boot up, is there something in the start up list - Adobe PDF Creator quick start for example.

stlucia2 08:47 16 Apr 2009

Thanks, Taff™. Just checked the printer queue, and there is one document in the PDF printer, which I've successfully cancelled. Hopefully that's stopped the message. Strange thing is, I checked the print queue last night and there was nothing ... maybe I've somehow got two virtual printers.

Also, there was a new entry in my startup list -- something like "cacheflush" -- which I deleted last night using CC.

Taff™ 10:21 16 Apr 2009

Let`s see how it goes later today then.

stlucia 19:26 16 Apr 2009

All clear for the rest of today, so I'm ticking the resolved box. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?