How to stop Quicktime loading at bootup

canard 01:05 29 May 2003

I keep unchecking Quick Time Task in the startup folder and it is rechecked at every boot up. Please will a PCA guru tell me how to stop it.

cycoze 01:17 29 May 2003

what version are you using ?

If you bring up your player and select `edit` followed by `preferences` followed by `Quick Time Preferences` , you will be presented with a new window , use the drop down menu and select `browser plug in` , you will now have the option to uncheck the box marked `Quick time system tray icon`.

Next time you reboot your machine the program should not be running .

If you have a different version of Quick Time i suggest you have a look through the `Preference options .

canard 01:25 29 May 2003

Thankyou cycoze- off to do it.

canard 18:49 30 May 2003

It was Quicktime 6 AND it was already uninstalled by add/remove progs [but not the full uninstall after all the dire threats].But still remorselessly in the start up folder via a bootup exe file. So I reinstalled QT6 and it showed an uninstaller which disappeared directly after setup. Uninstalled via add/remove again and reinstalled being careful to copy and save the uninstaller. Then uninstalled the lot going the whole hog regardless of the dreadful future awaiting anyone wild enough to do this.THEN I installed QT5 which is behaving demurely and NOT insisting on being in the start up file. I may add that a disappearing uninstaller looks a dodgey job.Has anyone got anything good to say about Quicktime 6 or was my download the rogue elephant?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?