How to stop Norton Internet Sec Trial nagging me

netlon 09:04 05 Jun 2008

Hi there. My wife and myself recently bought a laptop each and they both came with a trial version of Norton Internet Security. Every time the laptop boots up, a pop up box appears asking if I want to start a trial version. I don't. I've looked in the start up tab in msconfig to find an entry there but there isn't one. Can someone please explain how I can stop this from starting up. One laptop runs XP Pro, the other runs Vista Home. TIA.

Technotiger 09:09 05 Jun 2008

This might help ... click here

Also read this ... click here

birdface 09:21 05 Jun 2008

Or maybe this one.click here

netlon 10:42 05 Jun 2008

Thank you for the speedy responses

birdface 13:18 05 Jun 2008

This from Norton to someone else with the same problem as yourself. This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

If you removed a Norton product using the Add/Remove Control Panel, and there are still files present, then please follow the instructions below to properly remove Norton using the Norton Removal Tool. You may also want to remove your other antivirus application first.

1. Click on the following link to download the Norton Removal Tool:

Norton Removal Tool and Instructions

2. After you run the tool, please restart your computer. Then log in to Windows again and run the removal tool again. Restart your computer after it is finished running the second time as well.

Thanks,
Mike

--------------------

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
click here

birdface 13:20 05 Jun 2008

Ignore the click here at the bottom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017