how to stop nero making pc slow on burning discs

chrisjohn 23:06 23 Sep 2007

is their anything i can do with nero ,when burning discs,to stop pc going like a snail.

WhiteTruckMan 23:10 23 Sep 2007

Turn off anti virus?

WTM

chrisjohn 23:13 23 Sep 2007

sorry how do i do this,its nero 7 ultra im using

WhiteTruckMan 23:17 23 Sep 2007

Turn off the computers anti virus for the duration of the burn. Dont forget to turn it back on afterwards though.

Nothing to do with nero.

WTM

Bapou 23:29 23 Sep 2007

You could also try using Enditall, click here it's free.

Disconnect, as Enditall closes down the non essential services and your antivirus/firewall by just clicking on 'Enditall'.

When Nero has completed it's work, restart your computer and all the services will start up again.

I've found it very useful in freeing up resources which Nero likes to hog.

chrisjohn 23:53 23 Sep 2007

yes but if i do that ,i cant go on internet or msn,as i will have no firewall/virus protection ?

chrisjohn 00:04 24 Sep 2007

also do i have to restart the programs manualy that have stopped ?

Taff™ 06:43 24 Sep 2007

Friend of mine brought me a PC with exactly the same problem. He thought the Re-writer had failed because Nero 7 Premium kept creating "coasters". Replaced that but it made no difference. Doubled up the RAM with a spare stick of 512Mb and managed to burn one out of three discs at half writing speed. Simply couldn`t do anything else with the computer whilst Nero 7 was running because it crashed.

I then installed Nero 7 on my machine with the same result. We both reverted to Nero 6 pretty fast!

Andsome 08:30 24 Sep 2007

Personally I would not try to use the computer for anything else whilst burning a CD or DVD. Too much chance of making a coaster.

EARLR 09:18 24 Sep 2007

all my machine´s make coasters if I try to do anything else while burning.

chrisjohn 09:18 24 Sep 2007

ok what should i do nero 6 or just not use pc for 3 hrs while burnin? ,thanx for replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone