How to stop CNN alerts

hssutton 20:35 11 Aug 2008

For the past few days I've been receiving numerous CNN Alerts to my Windows Mail inbox, over 20 today.

A link is provided so as to unsubscribe from these alerts, but as I've never subscibed I cannot access the CNN.com preference settings to unsubscribe.

So how do I stop these infuriating email alerts.

sidecar sid 20:42 11 Aug 2008
  TonyM 20:43 11 Aug 2008

They are nothing to do with CNN ....simple spam , ignore but do NOT try and unsubscribe - that just confirms you are a genuine email address and will generate even more similar messages.

Salut 20:44 11 Aug 2008

I too have been receiving CNN of late. I have set a filter specifically targeting the subject line.

I would urge great caution about using the unsubscribe link. I checked the properties field and that reports an address with no mention of CNN.

I feel there may be a nasty lurking in the background waiting for the unwary.

There again, I could just be getting cynical in this bug/virus ridden age.

Graham John 20:57 11 Aug 2008

Sidecar sid - am also getting the cnn email alerts, have clicked your link but not found anything to stop them? Just gone into junk email - block sender but they are still coming in, must be using different sender addresses.

hssutton 22:11 11 Aug 2008

Thanks I had no intention of using the link to unsubscribe. will try mailwasher. Nice to know that I'm not the only one being targeted :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?