how set up wifi on the PACKARD BELL EASYNOTE ALP-A

cleopatra20 12:53 07 Oct 2010

HI
i have the above laptop,
the wifi will not work and the light is not going on and i cant get on the net with out that as i have wireless internet.
has a new install of wind vista premium.
can anyone help.
(newby to laptops and wifi, wireless)

tullie 13:01 07 Oct 2010

Will it connect wired,so that it finds your connection?Then try it wireless,not forgetting to turn it on first on the laptop.

cleopatra20 13:14 07 Oct 2010

thanks i'll try that, thought that i had to install the driver.
cheers.

mgmcc 13:21 07 Oct 2010

You say that you have a new installation of Vista. Was this done using the recovery media supplied with the Laptop, or with your own Vista DVD?

If you haven't used the recovery method supplied with the Laptop, you may no longer have the application installed to switch the wireless adapter On/Off.

cleopatra20 13:46 07 Oct 2010

oh i see i'm not sure now come to think of it. if that's the case how do i re install.
cheers.

cleopatra20 18:35 07 Oct 2010

frommgmcc

( If you haven't used the recovery method supplied with the Laptop, you may no longer have the application installed to switch the wireless adapter On/Off.)

how do i do that then??

cheers

mgmcc 22:04 07 Oct 2010

It seems that most references to that model are for XP and not Vista. If the Laptop previously ran XP, you may have to use a USB WiFi adapter instead of the built-in one.

...unless someone else can suggest a way to get the existing one working with Vista.

cleopatra20 22:42 07 Oct 2010

Hi thnx for your suggestions but the laptop actually came with vista.

cheers

mgmcc 07:38 08 Oct 2010

How then did you reinstall Windows; did you use the recovery method provided with the Laptop?

rdave13 12:09 10 Oct 2010

Is there a model number somewhere? Should be something like EN ????
If so then go to Packard Bell site and select downloads. Follow the prompts for notebook; click here

cleopatra20 12:14 10 Oct 2010

Hi rdave13

will this set up my wifi? and the button for the light??

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?