How to set pauses

281apple 08:49 08 Feb 2009

If my mouse does not move for a given time, my computer automatically shuts down and goes to a PAUSE until I move the mouse again. The problem is that in uploading videos to Google, it stops every 20 minutes or so and I have to start my uploading all over again after each pause. I forgot how to set the time so that even if the mouse does not move the computer would not go to PAUSE. Anyone can help please?

Andsome 08:54 08 Feb 2009

Right click on the desk top and select PROPERTIES/SCREEN SAVER/POWER.

gengiscant 08:56 08 Feb 2009

Under the energy options, you may have to set the environment from Laptop to Desktop (do this only if you have the power supply attached), under the laptop setting drives are set to turn off after ? minutes of inactivity...

birdface 08:59 08 Feb 2009

Try Control Panel.Power Options.Across from Turn off monitor put never in dropdown box.Apply.Not sure if it will help but worth a try.

281apple 09:49 08 Feb 2009

Thanks but none of your suggestions helped me to find out how to set the thing. Andsome: when I right clicked Properties was not on the list. Gengiscant: I work on a laptop but could not find what you suggested to do. Buteman: tried it but it did not work. I'm still looking.....

birdface 10:11 08 Feb 2009

Maybe try control panel.Display.Screen saver.Wait.I have that set for 60 minutes.Once again not sure if it will make any difference but maybe worth a try.

Graham. 10:50 08 Feb 2009

If Vista, right click Desktop, Personalize.

281apple 11:36 08 Feb 2009

I think that is it. My problem is that my computer is in French and the words are not always the same as in English. In any case, I programmed the screen to 300 minutes which gives me (noramlly) 5 hours before the computer stops uploading videos to Google and that should do the trick. I'll check it in one hours to be sure because the total upload should take about 350 minutes and there is only 45 minutes left to go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?