How to set path by default on Microsoft Word 2007?

Antonio Machado 15:57 09 Jan 2009

Hello experts !

I work a lot with Microsoft Word 2007 and every single time I want to open a document I have to tell it where to find the document, despite the fact that I have all my documents in the same place. So I was wondering if there is a way to set that place by default so it looks for all the documents in that place ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, best, Antonio.

MAT ALAN 16:01 09 Jan 2009

1. Click the Office button.
2. Click the Word Options button.
3. Click Save.
4. Under Save Documents, click the Browse button next to the Default File Location text box.
5. Navigate to and click the folder you want to be your default.
6. Click OK twice.

Antonio Machado 05:15 11 Jan 2009

Hello Mat Alan: thank you very much for making time to help me with my question. My friend I am following your indications but I have a problem: After I click the "Office" buttom I do not see "Word Options" buttom, where is it ? I just see the pull down menu that appears which includes New, Open, Save, Save as, Print, Prepare, Send, Publish and Close. But I don't see any "Word options", please tell me where I can find it. I am using Microsoft Word 2007. Looking forward to news from you, best, Antonio.

Antonio Machado 14:09 11 Jan 2009

Hola Mat !

Thank you very much my friend, after checking all the steps carefully and paying more attention to the details and the fine letters I got it. I followed the steps you suggested me and now I set it up at my will. Thanks a lot from your friend in New Jersey (U.S.A.), Antonio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?