how to set google to UK as default

pollpott 07:16 18 Nov 2005

how can i get google to search uk sites as default?

Skyver 07:24 18 Nov 2005

Either put :uk in your search terms or if you're using Firefox download the Google UK search engine (select Add Engines from the dropdown list).

Hamish 07:45 18 Nov 2005

Google, Options, Search and from use google site at bottom of page select UK,

pollpott 09:28 18 Nov 2005

Thanks Hamish, this selects google UK but what I actually want is for the default to be UK pages, is this possible?

ACOLYTE 11:44 18 Nov 2005

Click the preferences button on the google page the select England.scroll down and save your preferences.

ACOLYTE 11:46 18 Nov 2005

Or if that doesnt work just and UK to the end of searches.

Hamish 11:50 18 Nov 2005

I am not sure what you really mean. Do you want Google to be your home page. Do you have a Google toolbar installed. I have and when I open the search on the toolbar it opens to Google UK as does Froogle UK

bdub 12:20 18 Nov 2005

in IE go to tools,internet options then type in click here select apply job done.

octal 12:52 18 Nov 2005

The way I'm understanding pollpott is he/she wants to open Google and enter a search which then searches UK pages without having to tick the radio box to search UK pages, I don't think there is a way to do that apart from ticking the box.

pollpott 15:57 18 Nov 2005

Sorry bdub but I don't understand 'type in click here ' this just gives me google home page. Octal is right I just want to be able to search UK sites as default without checking the button.

ACOLYTE 16:15 18 Nov 2005

I think the only way to do that is to add UK to the end of a search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?