How to save a word document

hiwatt 14:39 16 Oct 2007

Hi folks,could someone tell me how to save a receipt for something bought online.There's an option to print it but I don't have a printer.I've done this before but can't remember how.I'm using windows vista.Thanks.

wotbus@ 14:51 16 Oct 2007

You could take a screen shot and save that.
Display the receipt > press Print Screen > navigate to MS Paint > click Edit then Paste then Save As....and decide where and what you want to call it.

wotbus@ 14:51 16 Oct 2007

Just noticed the Vista bit - the principle is the same by the words may be different ;-)

hiwatt 15:05 16 Oct 2007

When I choose print it's only giving me the option to use a printer.There's a "print preview" ption that opens up the receipt in a word document but there's no option to save it?Any other ideas?Thanks.

wotbus@ 15:09 16 Oct 2007

You Print Screen by pressing the Print Scrn key on the keyboard (top right a bit). Don't go to File > Print....that's not the right place ;-)

wotbus@ 15:11 16 Oct 2007

You should find MS (Microsoft) Paint under Start > Programs > Accessories but that's under XP so your Vista may be a bit different. The principle is the same though.

hiwatt 15:15 16 Oct 2007

Thanks.When I press print screen nothing happens.I've got "paint" ok though.

hiwatt 15:22 16 Oct 2007

Thanks folks.I managed to do it by right clicking on the screen and choosing "print preview" then saving it MS paint.Thanks wotbus.

octal 15:26 16 Oct 2007

Why not just save the email as text?

hiwatt 15:29 16 Oct 2007

It wasn't an email I was trying to save it was an actual screenshot.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?