How to save email messeges

dugit 17:23 11 Aug 2013

I am no longer with BT (now with SKY ) and have just had an email from BT saying BT email address and messages will stop working on the 16th september. Is there an easy way to save /transfer email messages?

rdave13 18:13 11 Aug 2013

Try setting up BT email to Windows Live Mail. Once set-up create a folder and name it what you wish. Use Windows Live Mail to export (under FILE) your BT mail. Select Contacts in WLM and in the FILE menu to the right of the ribbon select EXPORT (.CSV) to a pre created folder. See if that works.

rdave13 18:17 11 Aug 2013

This should give some help, click here

lotvic 18:26 11 Aug 2013

Is it BT or BT yahoo email?

Are you using Webmail? and/or do you have an email client program on your pc?

Easiest way, If webmail, you could forward all your emails to your sky email address (or open a gmail account and have them there)

Or set up your new email to collect all from the BT address - a little bit more involved in tweaking settings for that.

Or do you want to download the emails on your harddrive?

dugit 18:15 12 Aug 2013

Thanks for replies, which I am still studying as I am not sure what I am doing. Am on , bt address, but have started yahoo.co.uk address. I would save my emails which ever way was the easiest ie to PC harddrive or otherwise.

lotvic 18:41 12 Aug 2013

In order for us to help you, you need to tell us how you have been using your BT email address.

Are you using Webmail only? (meaning you open your browser and go to BT webmail url)

Do you have an email client program on your pc? (as per rdave13 says, Windows Live Mail or another email program, Thunderbird etc)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?