how to repair F11 key????

aqua52 10:03 13 Mar 2008

Hi everyone
The tiny key F11 is now out and I don't know what to do - I don't know to put it with glue if that is wrong - please tell me asap

Thanks

FreeCell 10:13 13 Mar 2008

Are we talking about a laptop or a desktop keyboard? What model are you using?

Glue shouldn't be the first thing you try as it can damage the board underneath the keys if not used correctly. Usually the key tops fit onto a "carrier" or latch underneath and you have to slide in the key top the right way before pressing down to click into place. Is the key top damaged? If so you may need to buy a replacement.

See example for Sony Vaio laptop
click here

aqua52 12:17 13 Mar 2008

Thank you Freec- I have look have a laptop and it is Amilo Pro - I have look at Sony Vaio as you tell me but it looked diffence - any help would help me!

recap 14:47 13 Mar 2008

click here the picture shown looks as if the key is a snap in type. If the lugs on the key itself are damaged I would recommend you take it to a recognised dealer for a repair.

FreeCell 14:56 13 Mar 2008

aqua52

Does it look like this? There are many diffrent types/colours and you need to be very specific about model number to find the right one.
click here

Site can sell you replacement key if yours is damaged. If undamaged should press back on but you need to hook plastic tabs under retainer by sliding keytop in place.

aqua52 17:12 13 Mar 2008

Hi recap and FreeCell

My laptop is Amilo Pro V2010 and Ive found amilo-forum com so I have asked them as well - so - if there is anyone here who could tell me what to do with this keytop - I would be very pleased!!

aqau52

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone