How to remove pop-up-Destroy ads.com

ribo 14:11 05 Oct 2003

Hello again.
I keep getting a message popping up every few seconds Headed "Message Service" The message reads
"Message from destroads to computer user..date?time. for free indormation on how to stop popups from appearing on your computer just go th hhtp//www DESTRYADS.com"

I have tried just closing this and I have tried clicking ok. Both these methods closes the box but it reappears again at regular intervals. I have deleted all muy temp int.files and all my cookies- no avail. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this? I am using XP (HE). I do use msm messenger quite often. Thanks. J

VoG II 14:12 05 Oct 2003
  Jester2K II 14:13 05 Oct 2003

Or Stop Windows Messenger Spam click here

Nothing to do with MSN messenger.

ribo 14:23 05 Oct 2003

Thank you both very much for your quick replies. I have downloaded both programs,do not know if I needed both but I am a belt and braces sort of gal. Hope I have seen the last of it.Do not know why is started,never had it before. Thanks again.

Jester2K II 14:26 05 Oct 2003

Do not know why is started,never had it before

Messenger Service is a Service that Microsoft kindly left On as the default in XP. Its deigned to allow System Admins to send messages to people across company networks.

Scumbags now use it spam you with messages offering Russian Brides, Church Musical Instrument Improvement Pills and programs like those above for £30...

Both programs will do the same job and switch the service off.

No service = no ads....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?