How to remove Gamblock software

Bailey08787 17:47 12 Jul 2008

Hi

I downloaded and installed Gamblock from click here to deter me from blowing cash on online gaming sites (which I can tend to do after a few beers).

However this software has totally crippled my pc. Whenever I visit sites that are completely non-related to gambling (ie bbc sport, ebay) it just automatically shuts my pc down.

I've googled and can't find a way to uninstall it.

I've tried system restore but it prevents me from doing that, i've tried taking it out of msconfig, but to no avail. i've tried taking it out of the registry, but again, no joy.

I've contacted the suppliers, but they point blank refuse to give any advice on removal of the software.

It's looking like a complete reinstall is the only solution, but I'm really reluctant to do that.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

ICF 17:52 12 Jul 2008

Have a look in the FAQ there is an answer there
click here

Bailey08787 17:57 12 Jul 2008

The FAQ's all basically say it cannot be removed / deactivated

VoG II 17:59 12 Jul 2008

Try setting your computer clock to after the expiry of your subscription ... just a thought.

Bailey08787 18:02 12 Jul 2008

Tried that too - no joy - most of the sites googled say it won't uninstall even after license has expired

Technotiger 18:38 12 Jul 2008

Try un-installing it with click here when Revo asks if you want to re-start your computer now Decline - do not restart at this point, let Revo continue, when it gets to the part where you have the option to Choose All and then Delete - Do So! Then after clicking on Finish, re-start your computer. This usually gets rid of awkward items.

Bailey08787 18:47 12 Jul 2008

It doesn't show up in the list of programs that can be uninstalled

Technotiger 19:03 12 Jul 2008

Try the Search facility in Revo.

helper123 17:12 18 May 2009
  Technotiger 17:54 18 May 2009

The idea of this Helproom is to show the solutions here, so that all may benefit.

We would never advise getting solutions via email.

Graphicool1 18:31 18 May 2009

If you have WinXp your OS drive is C: and 'gamblock' is the actual name of the offending software. If any of these parameters is untrue, ammend accordingly. The following code with 'IE8' instead of 'gamblock' is how MS is instructing people - who don't see IE8 in 'Add Remove Programs' - as an ulternative way to uninstall it...

Start>Run type...

C:\WINDOWS\gamblock\spuninst\spuninst.exe

Press 'Enter' on the keyboard.

It might work, it might not.
It's a shot in the dark.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?