How to reduce/increase printing %?

MichelleC 11:21 06 Dec 2003

It's probably just a simple thing, but is there a utility which allows you to print with the image at say 50%? I've used epsom, HP and Lexmark and none of these allow any control over reducing or enlarging (unless i'm missing something). How I miss the Mac's where this was just taken for granted.

vinnyT 11:31 06 Dec 2003

Just had a look in my options for my ml-4500 laser, and there is an options box for scales ie 100= full size, 50= half, etc. so maybe you have the same facility somewhere.

joberons 11:38 06 Dec 2003

Hi

I have a HP Photosmart 7550 and the HP "Print & Document Director" software certainly allows u to specify the % u want to have a document at as standard. However, this printer wasn't one of the cheapest lol! I don't know about other printer software.

U could try downloading image software as this will often allow u to resize documents by a specified %.., try some of the free downloadable image software. I can't specify a particular one as it is down to personal taste which one u like using but if u do a general search thru google for 'free downloadable image software' u should get quite a few choices. Some people like Ulead which is often on magazine discs, I use PaintShop Pro and love it, but it is only available on a time limited free trial and then u have to pay for it.

Pesala 12:46 06 Dec 2003

click here

Web pages can be scaled to fit the page when printing from Opera.

MichelleC 13:27 06 Dec 2003

Thank you guys. maybe if printer makers raise the price of cartridges (!!!) they can afford to include it as a standard command.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?