How to receive photo's from the UK?

  mik61ish 10:59 27 Nov 2004

Can someone advise some way of sending photo's my brother has tried sending some pics with MSN messenger, but no joy is there some simple software that you can dowload and send it? just for photo's

  curlylad 11:06 27 Nov 2004

Send them as an attachment in an email in JPEG format.

  Forum Editor 11:11 27 Nov 2004

to send photos from one person to another under normal circumstances, and that's via email as compressed attachments. Most (but not all) mailservers have upper limits on file attachment sizes for obvious reasons - they want to control their bandwidth consumption.

There are other ways of showing images to family and friends, and they involve uploading to web sites - either your own site, or one that exists specifically as an image exchange facility, such as
click here

  Technotiger 13:10 27 Nov 2004

Hi, "There's only one way" not strictly true, though I do note you said 'under normal circumstances'. My friend and I have often sent each other photographs (send file) while chatting in MSN and more often in NetMeeting. I am in UK, he is in Zanzibar. But I agree, by e-mail is better;-))

  anchor 13:27 27 Nov 2004

You could also use "YouSendIt" for any file up to 1Gb.

click here

The file is kept on their server for 7 days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?