How to read my questions only?

keewaa 16:05 01 Mar 2006

If i click my postings, it lists all the post I have started or contributed to. Is there any way of listing only the posts that I started?

watchful 16:06 01 Mar 2006

not as far as I am aware.

Stuartli 16:16 01 Mar 2006

My Postings is exactly that - whatever you have posted to threads started by yourself or someone else.

You are probably confusing threads with postings.

keewaa 16:21 01 Mar 2006

Not confused, I'm trying to filter only the questions I asked (posts I started myself) rather than also seeing all the posts I've contributed to.

rawprawn 16:24 01 Mar 2006

Don't think it can be done, although it would be helpful when looking for a thread you have posted in the past.

watchful 16:30 01 Mar 2006

It has been suggested before when the FE asked for ways of improving the site.

keewaa 16:39 01 Mar 2006

OK thanks, just wondered if it was hidden somewhere, but obviously not.

Stuartli 17:30 01 Mar 2006

OK, I accept you are not confused, but you still keep calling your threads "posts I started myself"...:-)

The main point is still that you cannot call up your own individual threads as the website offers no facility to do so at present.

britto 17:33 01 Mar 2006

You could right click each thread title you wanted in Your Postings and Add To Favorites saving to a suitably named folder

jack 17:37 01 Mar 2006

As always in this computery lark there is a way.

This is what you do.
When you want to raise a query compose it in Word
Save it in a folder with a name such as '
My Q's to PCA-
Then when you are satisfied you have made a sensible question- copy and paste it into the appropriate field of a forum of choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?