How to put free space back onto hard disk?

Jessica123 03:41 13 Jan 2014

The screenshot shows it all I want to put that 48GB free space back on hard disk but the extend volume button is greyed out is there a way to do it?

click here

mole1944 06:59 13 Jan 2014

Save all your valuable data to an external drive then do a complete reinstall wipeing the disk, however get glary utilities and use the 1click solution ccleaner is gentler. When you've go get your self a western digital drive if your present drive is non western digital you can then download a cut down version of Acronis and clone the drive clone on a weekly basis and hey presto you can clone back your drive, this will save you time and stress. I also usr a clickfree dongle to another drive (£20 or so from Amazon) as I have 63,000 music tracks (all legal) I'd be gutted to lose them, so i' a belt/braces and string man when it comes to my data.

rdave13 09:52 13 Jan 2014

If you right click the 'free space' and delete it, it then becomes 'unallocated' and then you can extend your Z partition.

spuds 10:53 13 Jan 2014

I am perhaps going off subject, but have you attempted a defrag of the hard-drive, to see if anything is gained there?.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:04 13 Jan 2014

Delete the partition.

Now right-click the graphic of the Z partition and select Extend.

BRYNIT 12:09 13 Jan 2014

I could be wrong but it looks like you cloned your HD onto a larger drive?

I haven't used Disk Manager for a long time but I think from disk Manager you should be able to right click on the free space and assign a drive letter.

Or if you right click on the free space and delete the volume you should be able to right click on the Z: drive and extend it you cannot extend the C: drive from Disk Manager.

I do find using one of the partition programs easier like EaseUs partition manager CLICK HEREas this should allow you to add the free pace to your C: or Z: drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?