For how much will my cpu get sold?

Depakjan 14:33 08 Jul 2006

I am having this cpu.. Atx cabinet.. Pentium 4 processor 1.7ghz.. 40gb seagate barracuda harddisk.. Kob 845gl ndsmx mercury motherboard.. Cd reader.. Floppy drive..256 mb ram.. I want to know the approximate worth of my pc.. I am thinking about selling it in ebay..

woodchip 14:41 08 Jul 2006

About £35 to £40

Depakjan 20:53 08 Jul 2006

What the.. I cant even buy one graphics card for my cpu!?.. Oh.. God.. Are you sure man?..

Mr Mistoffelees 21:07 08 Jul 2006

at time of writing click here

woodchip 21:10 08 Jul 2006

Well if you check what you can get now With regards a System without monitor, NEW. and that's what people look at click here

With warranty. And Windows XP

GaT7 21:16 08 Jul 2006

Looks like a complete system (is it?), but you may get more if you sell each component separately. But this can be a hassle, as you can imagine - each will most probably need to be sent to a different buyer.

Do a search for each individual component (or similar system) on eBay & see what they sell for in the next few days - that'll give you some idea of what you can expect to get. Auctions starting at £0.99 usually sell for more (they say), unless you're extremely unlucky. Make sure to end the auction on a reasonable day & time (not coinciding with the World Cup final or at 3am, for example). Good luck, G

Totally-braindead 22:20 08 Jul 2006

As an example of a retailer selling a second hand PC with Windows XP and 15" monitor £129.99 click here and you have to bear in mind thats a retailers price who give a 30 day guarantee. I would suggest that as a private seller, assumming it has XP on it you might get £60-70 but I think woodchips figure might be more realistic.
Sorry but when the likes of Dell are selling a complete new system with a 15" TFT for as little as £299 you won't get much more.

Stuartli 23:38 08 Jul 2006

A CPU is the processor - you are talking about selling your system.

As woodchip points out it's not really worth a great deal.

It's unfortunate but a fact of life these days as you can buy brand new and superior systems for comparatively little and complete with guarantees.

Stuartli 23:41 08 Jul 2006

It might be worth selling the components separately.

Even a 1GB PentiumIII Socket 370 processor brings £20 or so on e-Bay and you could check out the potential returns for the other components such as the hard drive and motherboard quite easily.

However, a 40GB HDD can be bought new for around £25 now....:-)

Stuartli 23:42 08 Jul 2006

The World Cup final is tomorrow (Sunday)...:-)

Posted before realising you had suggested selling components separately.

GaT7 00:35 09 Jul 2006

Stuartli, "The World Cup final is tomorrow (Sunday)...:-)"

I know, it was only an example as mentioned ;0) G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?