How much should I pay for web hosting per month

t_o_m 15:36 10 Aug 2003

A friend of mine is hosting a website for me and he has just startup up a business and is wanting to start doing public hosting. He has quoted me £9.99 per month. Do you think this is a good deal or not?

t_o_m 15:46 10 Aug 2003

also, does anybody know how to get your domain name added to a search engine? any help would be appreciated

The Musicman 17:06 10 Aug 2003

when it comes to hosting, i dont think you can go wrong with web-maina (click here ) at £20 +vat a year, and all the necessary extras.

as for submitting to search engines try click here - also, submit to dmoz.org, and to google (click here) and if you've plenty of money to yahoo ;-)

steve

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:14 10 Aug 2003

he is offering for the 9.99. If it is just a basic web site, forget it there are much better deals around. If its a business site, its about right. Check out, and compare prices, and what they include at click here

Newuser549 12:55 12 Aug 2003

I submitted our school website to Google and Yahoo (standard free service only) and was pleasantly surprised to see it listed within a few days. It certainly helps to use the meta tags for keywords and description, a meaningful page title, and relevant text on the home page (not just a pretty graphic!!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?