how much is my pc worth??

peachee 17:12 11 Nov 2009

I only have basic details as im a bit useless with the whole spec stuff but was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a rough estimate of what my pc may be worth please? The details i have are as followed:

Packard Bell 76477-OEM-0011903-00109 Service pack 3
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
AMD Athlon (tm) 64 Processor 3400+
2.19GHz 896MB of RAM
180GB HD
DVD re-writer
Bought brand new in Aug/Sept 2005 and in excellent condition no mods made and no problems had
Has the full package - tower, monitor (flatscreen 15" i think it is), keyboard, mouse, all wires etc

Thanks a lot i'd appreciate it if u can help

woodchip 17:19 11 Nov 2009

as its 4 years old £90

GaT7 17:20 11 Nov 2009

I'd say around £60 with the flatscreen, but that might be a little generous.

Have a look on eBay for similar systems to get a better idea. However, people local to you may be willing to pay more than what a similar PC may go for on eBay. G

peachee 19:46 11 Nov 2009

oof they're a bit different lol I was hoping for around £100 guess i was hoping a bit too much! Im assuming the 896MB RAM is pretty much classed as 1GB??

Cheers for the advice, I'll try ebay but i'll prob be looking at the wrong blooming thing!

If anyone else has any ideas on the value feel free to let me know :)

Thanks all!

morddwyd 19:57 11 Nov 2009

Take out the hard disc and put in in an enclosure as an external.

Try and sell the case, optical drive and memory on E-Bay.

Scrap what's left.

peachee 20:01 11 Nov 2009

just had a look on ebay there's one pretty much eexactly the same for £115 and some other similars for £85 upwards so i think i'll go for between £80 - £100 and see what i can get as i doubt it's worth more than £100 or i'll get more than £100 really. "morddwyd" that sounds like too much hassle for me lol but thanks anyways.

Cheers everyone! :)

GaT7 20:45 11 Nov 2009

No need to scrap anything morddwyd - those are reasonable components & there's enough in landfills already.

Any unwanted PCs/components can be offered to charity click here, or even one's local FreeCycle click here Kingdom.

morddwyd, before you scrap anything, let me know & I might be able to offer you the postage & a bit for it. One man's rubbish is another man's treasure... ;-).

All the best with getting a reasonably good sum for it peachee :-), G

peachee 20:54 11 Nov 2009

cheers crossbow7 :) Im upgrading to a new laptop so could do with the cash really rather than recycling for free or giving to charity. Might be gettin £100 for it from someone i know so thanks guys!

GaT7 20:59 11 Nov 2009

Recycling & charity suggestion was mainly for morddwyd.

As I said before, a local buyer may offer more. Someone you know? Even better. FreeAds & similar is also a good place as you don't have to spend anything to advertise. G

sunnystaines 21:04 11 Nov 2009

offer it free to any pca members for a donation

GaT7 21:12 11 Nov 2009

Is that an offer from yourself for a £100 donation then sunnystaines? G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?