How Much Is My PC Worth

Geon 13:18 26 Mar 2008

Hi i might be selling my pc and was wondering if anybody knows how much its worth?

PC Spec:

Custom Pc Blue Leds
Windows XP
22” LCD Monitor
Intel P4 LGA775 3.4 MHz
Gigabyte CPU Fan & Controller
NZXT Case Lexa Silver New
KingWin 600w Blue Led PSU New
Abit As8-v Motherboard
AGP ATI X800 256Mb
GPU duel fan card
DVD Burner
CD Burner
3GB Geil DDR Ram
SB Live 5.1
IDE 160GB
IDE 30GB
SATA 250GB
2 x 30cm lights SHARKOON CaseMod
Comes with 13 Cooling fans built in
Fan controller
KamaMeter LCD Temp monitor
Wireless Logitech keyboard & mouse
Logitech Chillstream Game Pad

Totally-braindead 13:34 26 Mar 2008

The sad thing about selling an older PC is the deals that you can get a new one for.

Now yours seems to have some nice parts on it BUT its not a dual core processor for one thing and the graphics is not that great.

I have to be honest here and say I don't know what its worth as most of the mods you have would only really add to the value for someone that wished these things. I will have a guess but I mean things like all the fans, the fan controller and the case lights. None of these things interest me personally in the slightest and I think many people would feel the same.

You can get a basic 22" monitor for about £140 so depending on make/model and how old it was you MIGHT get £100 if its a newer better one. Failing that maybe £70. For a base unit without all the bells and whistles you might get £150 and if you got the right buyer he or she might pay considerably more.

Sorry but things move on dramatically and you can if you shop about get a dual core desktop with 2 gig of RAM and a 22" monitor with Vista Premium for as little as £400-500. Admitadly yours seems to have better named components but I can't help feeling that most people would not pay any more for it. Just as an example heres a cheap Compaq click here I know its a 20" screen but you get the idea.

Personally I would be tempted to keep all the gubbins and add a new board and processor.

Totally-braindead 13:35 26 Mar 2008

Actually thinking about it I would see if the board can take a dual core processor and maybe just upgrade that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017