how many pieces of a4 paper.

funnybone 20:46 16 Jun 2004

here comes stupid again!!!!! When I want to print something on my lexmark x1150 printer/scanner how many pieces of A4 paper do I put in. When I come to the end of a paper how do I print a continuance page. Do I HAVE TO KEEP PUTTING SEPERATE PAPER IN after each print. Thanks

rogertjj 21:14 16 Jun 2004

You should be able to put more than one sheet in, but it depends on the printer as to how many sheets it will take. If your print requires more paper, the print should stop, and the printer should tell you, normally by a flashing light. You can then put more paper in, and the printing should continue.

Oh, and you're not stupid, just learning !!

Wak 21:18 16 Jun 2004

Not really sure what you mean but if you tell the printer to print 6 pages (i.e. print 1 to 6), it will just print the 6 pages and then stop printing.
If you then wish to print page 7, you will then tell the printer to print 1 page (i.e. from page 7 to page 7).
If you don't put enough paper in the printer it will stop printing when it runs out and simply ask for more paper.
Therefore put in sufficient paper to cover what the printer will need.
Hope I've understood the question?

Wak 21:18 16 Jun 2004

Not really sure what you mean but if you tell the printer to print 6 pages (i.e. print 1 to 6), it will just print the 6 pages and then stop printing.
If you then wish to print page 7, you will then tell the printer to print 1 page (i.e. from page 7 to page 7).
If you don't put enough paper in the printer it will stop printing when it runs out and simply ask for more paper.
Therefore put in sufficient paper to cover what the printer will need.
Hope I've understood the question?

mammak 21:42 16 Jun 2004

funnybone most printer's can feed at least
100 a4 sheet's at once' just feed as an when you need' ie: if you print up to 25 a4 per day' re feed ur printer every five days or so.Regard's Mammak.

mammak 21:44 16 Jun 2004

PS. or mabye four day's lol.

neghness 21:49 16 Jun 2004

in most printers i've seen, you can get plenty of paper. just take a reasonable sized chunk of paper, and see if it fits comfortably into the paper slot. if it seems quite tight, then the printer will probably jam. i'm assuming by the picture of it i've just seen that the paper goes into the top. when you put it into the top, you should be able to shift it about with ease, if you can't its too tight.
thats just a rough guide on how much to put in, but if your worried just put less paper in. all it means is that you need to refill it more often!!

Djohn 21:56 16 Jun 2004

With the model you have you can put 100 sheets of paper into the printer tray at a time.

mammak 22:02 16 Jun 2004

Djohn didnt i just say that?

Djohn 01:41 17 Jun 2004

You did. I was just trying to help by confirming the exact amount for that printer. As you know it can vary between 75-150 for most inkjet printers.

funnybone has another thread running on scanners and from the two threads we can see this is the first time he has used either and is still learning. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?