How many pages is my printer printing????

columboid 17:26 31 Jul 2006

Hi all,
We've got a printer and our cartridge seems to be running out.
I need to find out how many pages have been printed off to establish if the cartridges are running down to quick.

Does anyone know how (if) you can find out how many pages have been sent to the printer???

Its an HP laser jet 1320

ta very much
C

Pineman100 17:40 31 Jul 2006

I've no idea whether your printer management software will record the number of pages printed - your best bet is just to ferret around in it and see. I think it's unlikely, because this function could expose the printer manufacturer to complaints: "I only got X00 pages from my last cartridge".

Many manufacturers offer two levels of cartridge - a small capacity and a larger capacity (ie: they have different quantities of ink in them). Needless to say, there's an appropriate price difference, but the larger capacity will certainly last longer.

Remember, too, that different printing demands will result in less or more ink usage. For example, lots of heavily coloured images (eg: big photos) will use up your colour inks much more quickly.

Have you tried getting your cartridges refilled at one of the high street shops like Cartridge World? Or buying inks and refilling them yourself? I often do this, and I haven't been unhappy with the results.

jakimo 21:48 31 Jul 2006

Theres no way of telling as the No. of sheets are not recorded on this printer,but should be 2500-3000 sheets of tex per full drum, Meanwhile remove the drum a nd give it a good shake, you will then get a bit more out of it

Belatucadrus 23:33 31 Jul 2006

click here for Karens Print Logger, it'll keep a log of everything you print. It isn't however retrospective and can't backtrack.

columboid 09:07 01 Aug 2006

Thanks alot you lot.
Thats all helpful stuff and I'll take a look at the printer logger
Your help is very much appreciated
C

columboid 11:34 01 Aug 2006

Ta belatucadrus,
Karen's Print Logger is just what I was after.
C

recap 11:47 01 Aug 2006

You should also note that, Manufactures stated output is for a draft document and not a full page of print. You should work on the assumption that a stated 3000 page output could in reality only be 2000/2500 depending on what you are printing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone