How to Manage Email Addresses

Cara2 21:55 03 Jun 2012
Answered

I am using Outlook 2007.

I have one main email address and from that have created another one for business use.

How can I make sure that all emails for the business email address get filtered into a separate folder? I think I have to create a rule but am not sure how to go about it.

Cara2 22:13 03 Jun 2012

Just to add, I am able to create a rule if the business name is in the subject line, but not able to create a rule with regard to the email address. i.e.

Primary email address: [email protected] Newly created business email address: [email protected]

All emails arrive in the same primary folder.

Hope that helps and does not confuse?

QuizMan 22:55 03 Jun 2012

In Outlook 2003(so I assume it is similar in 2007) I have used "Rules" to set up something to do just that. I have 3 e-mail accounts and have rules for each to automatically send e-mails to their respective specific folder.

In 2003 it is Tools>Rules & Alerts. I created a new blank rule as their standard rule templates did not cover what I needed. However, it proved quite straightforward.

Woolwell 23:04 03 Jun 2012
Answer

It is a message rule that you require. Probably the easiest way is to choose one of the business e-mails that you have already received right click on it and choose create rule and then choose the necessary option. Alternatively it is under tools - Rules and alerts. How to create rules

Cara2 23:13 03 Jun 2012

Sorted thanks. Message Rules did not have rule I needed so seemed easier to right click on a message already in folder and that worked!

Cheers Cara

Woolwell 11:23 04 Jun 2012

Glad it worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

11 must-have iMessage stickers packs by Jean Jullian, Christoph Niemann, Jon Burgerman & more

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Que faire en cas de vol ou perte de votre smartphone ?