How to make XP support two lang at the same time ?

willian 00:57 25 Mar 2003

Can someone tell me how to make my Windows XP support Simplified Chinese & Tradition Chinese at the same time ?
Generally,I do my business with Simplified Chinese. But some of my friends use Tradition OS, so we can not communicate through ICQ .
Anyone can tell me how to solve the problem ? Any advise can be send to [email protected] , but no ads !

temp003 01:22 25 Mar 2003

Do you use XP Professional Edition? If so, just add traditional Chinese as an additional input locale.

Go to Control Panel, select Regional Options, select the General tab.

In the box for the language settings for the system, scroll down to find Traditional Chinese and tick the box. Then tick Apply.

Then select the input locales tab.

Tick the box for "enable indicator on taskbar".

Under Input language, click Add. Under input locale box, select from the drop-down list of languages Chinese (Taiwan). Then in the keyboard layout/IME box, select your input method, such as Changjie, Quick or Phonetic. Click OK.

This may require a restart for the changes to take effect. Next time you start, there should be an icon which reads "EN". When you need to switch to a different language, just click the icon, you should see a list of other input methods. Select the input method, and you'll be able to write in the new language.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires