How to make a URL clickable?

Graham ® 11:30 12 Jul 2006

I wish to post a link to another site so that it just appears as 'click here'. I had the code but I can't find it now. Any help appreciated.

Djohn 12:40 12 Jul 2006

Just post the url and it will turn into a clicky.

www. google. co. uk without the spaces will turn into click here

Djohn 12:42 12 Jul 2006

Ignore the above Graham ®, blame it on the weather! ;o)

Graham ® 12:51 12 Jul 2006

I must take some of the blame, the URL is to go on my website :-)

Djohn 13:01 12 Jul 2006

Can you just type the word 'click here' then depending on which editor your using turn that word into a hyperlink? I'm playing with FrontPage and any word/s I want to point to another address I just highlight the word, right click and choose 'hyperlink' from the menu. Another small window opens for me to type in the url of the site I want that word to point to.

My apologies if this is not what you mean Graham ® as I'm only just getting into this myself. Hope your keeping well by the way. :o)

Graham ® 13:09 12 Jul 2006

That's the word I'm looking for, hyperlink. It's not that simple with Gallery, unfortunately. You have to type in a code before and after the URL.

I'm as well as can be expected, thankyou (on the wagon). I trust you are well?

Djohn 13:54 12 Jul 2006

Yes fine thanks Graham ®. Is it by any chance a BB code? I don't think an example will work in the forum but I'll give it a go.

[ url=http:// www. google. com ] click here [ /url]

There would of course be no spaces at all and use square brackets as I have. You are placing the url of the address at the front with the word click here in the middle, or any other text you want to use and it is only the text that will show on your site but it will be a hyperlink because of the BB code you have placed it in.

Graham ® 13:58 12 Jul 2006

I've found the code, it's HTML. I'll post it here, don't know how it will get mangled, though!

<a href="click here">click here;/a>

Tony89 14:05 12 Jul 2006

i just type the url in as so. click here

then it comes up.

Graham ® 14:07 12 Jul 2006

It's for my website, not this forum.

Graham ® 15:00 12 Jul 2006

After all that, there was a facility on the Gallery to post a URL!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?