How to make slideshow into film, help needed

sleepy01 18:14 28 Feb 2010

Hi, i work as a painter and have for the first time experimented making a timelapse film of a painting being made.

I used Irfanview and have approx 400 still pictures of the painting being made with the intention to make a time-lapse film that will play on windows media player and be uploadable to youtube etc.

Irfanview is great to play the slideshow but i dont know how to convert this into a film file. I tried putting the digi camera infront of the PC screen but the quality isnt very good so i need to record direct from PC while i run the slides on Irfanview.

Would really appreciate some help and some recommended software to do this, if anyone more knowledgable can help very much appreciated.

Hope someone can
Thx :)

Technotiger 18:21 28 Feb 2010

I have not used this myself, but I believe it will do what you want click here

Technotiger 18:25 28 Feb 2010

Or choose from these click here

sleepy01 20:44 28 Feb 2010

many thx mate i think thats what i need. Been having a play with Camstudio, i think audacity for sound only but many thx.

Love PC advisor always helpful people :)

thx again!!

any probs will update thread but think its ok :)

Technotiger 20:50 28 Feb 2010

Grreat, thanks for your feedback - and good luck with your project.

Technotiger 20:58 28 Feb 2010

BTW, as a matter of interest, my adult son is an extremely talented artist, mostly as a hobby but he does sell many paintings for some very respective amounts!

click here

He can paint just about any subject under the sun, is not limited to any one genre.

BT 08:07 01 Mar 2010

You can burn your slideshow to a CD in Irfanview. I'm not sure if you can add sound.

You could use something like Photostory3, free from Microsoft which will allow you to add music and narration as well as transitions and pan/zoom effects. I think there is a 100 picture limit but you could do it in sections and stich them together before burning to a CD or DVD.

click here

eedcam 08:18 01 Mar 2010

BT I think he wants to make a film not a slideshow he already has that

Kevscar1 08:37 01 Mar 2010

Simplest to use is Windows Movie Maker

natdoor 10:06 01 Mar 2010

Maybe this will prove useful
click here .

sleepy01 13:35 01 Mar 2010

more great suggestions i will probably get around to trying them all, se whats best for me but i did get a nice result with camview, am unable to burn from CD at the moment as there's a problem with PC not giving me a burn option on CD drive everything else works.

Nice pic technotiger :), i will have to post a link to youtube when i upload mine

great stuff again, thx all :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?