How to link parents & child ....

Dirty Dick 17:42 21 Jan 2007

I'm trying to set up my first website using Serif Webplus 10. When I construct the first page, which has a Banner & logo at the top with a horizontal NavBar underneath. I then have inserted an HTML frame which I would like all the other pages to open in, The rest of the home page would then be on view on ALL pages, with the only thing changing being the details in the HTML frame. But I cant manage to work out which is the parent and child, and also how do i get the HTML frame on the Home page being the only thing to change.

Thanx

DD

mco 18:31 21 Jan 2007

Why notjust use the master page option - put your banner and logo at the top and then make all your other pages, then add a navbar to the master page and all those details will automatically appear on your other pages. You don't need a frame for the other pages to open in then.

Dirty Dick 09:44 23 Jan 2007

Thanks for the reply, I've done what you said, but now I have a further problem.
I have had my first bash at the website, but now I want to e-mail it to a friend so he can have a look at it. The site has been constucted with Serif Webplus 10, and saved with a .WPP extension. My friend has only got Microsoft frontPage. Is there any way of converting the saved site so he can view it with FrontPage?

Thanx

DD

Simsy 10:57 30 Jan 2007

that can be done.

However, if you "publish" your site to a folder on your hard drive, you could "zip" this folder and email it as an attachment. Your friend could then unzip it and view the site in his browser.

This is subject to the zipped file not being too big for any email attachment limits that might be in place. This might become an issue depending on the amount of graphics on the site.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017