How to install a .inf file(driver) for my monitor

Prisine229 12:12 28 Dec 2008

I have a LCD monitor, 19", and I visited the site of its manufacturers and I downloaed the driver for my monitor. Now i wanted to install it, I heard that .inf makes the monitor non Plug in and Play, that's what mine is shown as when selecting the screen it has "Plug in and play Radeon x1650 pro"

Thanks

MAT ALAN 12:14 28 Dec 2008

Why do you want to install a driver for it, if it works leave it alone...

Prisine229 12:22 28 Dec 2008

Well my quality of DVDs on my PC are bad, no vibrant colours, bit washed out compared to 2 year old, grey phillips DVD/TV.
Im trying to look for ways to play my prison break DVD with the same quality as on my brothers TV. it is 2 years old, LCD 19" flat panel Hans-G monitor.

I have other thread "Two problems..." but nobody has replied to it

MAT ALAN 12:28 28 Dec 2008

I would update your VGA card drivers, but if you want it to look the same, it probably won't...
Other things to consider are your optical device and probably the media player you are using...

or buy a TV like your brothers...

Prisine229 12:40 28 Dec 2008

My card is AGP and allows Dual link DVI, and my Screen allows DVI too. I've updated the ati card, but it always says restart, and after the restart it says I will have some tests", but i've never got them ATI tests.

What is my optical device?

I use Cyberlink PowerDVD 8(trail version i think) I've tried DVD;s on that, VLC, Media player, the quality is the same on all media players I've used.

This screen cost enough, i thought it be a decent match to the TV or better.

Prisine229 12:42 28 Dec 2008

Also i thought I might add, i can only seem to find drivers for Radeon x1650, not x1650 PRO.
Also my graphics card came with a DVI to VGA adapters. What that be any good?

Stuartli 13:39 28 Dec 2008

Read this comprehensive and well written link first and follow the instructions, including the use of Drive Cleaner Pro (freeware), before installing the latest ATi driver (8.12):

click here

I much prefer the much smaller size ATi Tray Tools software (just as good as the Catalyst offering from ATi) in conjunction with the ATi driver.

You can download the driver from:

click here

(just the driver!)

and ATi Tray Tools from:

click here

Stuartli 13:40 28 Dec 2008

The .inf file is unnecessary.

Stuartli 13:42 28 Dec 2008

Have you configured the monitor for its native resolution, colour and refresh rate settings?

Prisine229 13:56 28 Dec 2008

Yes it's 1280 x 1024, that's it's maxium height. Refresh rate is said to be 60Hz and mines at 60 Hz. The colour i'm not sure about, how do I change this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie