How to insert name onto photos

Molly_Don 14:24 22 Jun 2010

I'm useless with computers but here goes

Uploaded and posted on a forum some holiday photos from last year, but only just realised I haven't added our forum name on the photos i.e "Molly Don"

If it helps the pics are jpeg

Is there a simple way I'm able to add our name on to them?

john bunyan 14:45 22 Jun 2010

Do you have any photo software? For example in Photoshop and its clones there is a text / layer option. Not sure if freebies like picassa have this but no doubt some one will know.

john bunyan 14:58 22 Jun 2010

Have a look at the features on this freebie:

click here

john bunyan 15:00 22 Jun 2010

And Here:

click here

Molly_Don 15:01 22 Jun 2010

Hello John

No, it doesn't look like I have the origanls / negatives either, we took the pics on one of those disposal cheap camera's, god knows what we've done with the camera (that's what happens when a holiday is over, lose interest)

john bunyan 15:08 22 Jun 2010

If you have the jpegs on your PC you could use Picassa to add the text. If you have the prints, and a scanner, you could scan them in and still use Picassa to modify them.
I have hundreds, if not thousands of pix on my PC - if you are going to use this a lot, do think of a filing system!!

Molly_Don 15:23 22 Jun 2010

Hey John

I think I've managed to do it, WoW, I'd never have managed without your assistance.

Many, many thanks

john bunyan 15:49 22 Jun 2010

Molly
Well done!!

Molly_Don 17:55 22 Jun 2010

Thanks to you John, I didn't click resolve as I'm not 100% confident with the software yet, can I clarify a couple of questions?

I've uploaded and inserted our screen name onto our pics, are our pics viewable by anyone on Picasa?

Is there a way to delete the pics once I've inserted a watermark as i can't see "delete" icon.

john bunyan 18:06 22 Jun 2010

I actually use Photoshop myself - Picassa is a free (google inspired) photo soft ware. I think youu could save one original photo - call it , say Molly1, then add the text, save again as, say Molly2. Then you could delete as you want. I am not sure about uploading to the forum etc - maybe a Picassa user will comment?

Molly_Don 18:54 22 Jun 2010

OK John, I think I've got the hang of it on Picassa, just don't want my pics to sit on that site for ever, I'd rather delete them once I've finished amending.

Anyway, much obliged for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017