how to increase download speeds

coolkid267 21:58 18 Aug 2008

my computer downloads really slow and ive got two meg connection but it only downloads at like 5 kbps help

RobCharles1981 23:52 18 Aug 2008

You have posted in the wrong forum, start another topic in the "HelpRoom" for more assistance.

Forum Editor 00:21 19 Aug 2008

to the Helproom.

RobCharles1981 00:37 19 Aug 2008

Thanks FE

Anyway Coolkid267

We Need to know a few questions if possible.

1. Who is your ISP??

2. What is your current IP Profile click here

3. What Modem or Router do you have? I will then point you in the right direction for Line Stats.

4. Follow this guide to improve your speed if necessary...

click here

Cheers

Rob

coolkid267 00:56 19 Aug 2008

aol is my isp and dg834g is my router and its netgear

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Your DSL connection rate: 1376 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP profile for your line is - 1000 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 891 kbps

Kevscar1 07:08 19 Aug 2008

Well I have tried entering my phone number with and without the space and it keeps coming up incorrect no. Any ideas

Halmer 07:58 19 Aug 2008

I get the same. It is something to do with the type of package you are on at the moment.

Halmer 08:01 19 Aug 2008
  Technotiger 08:15 19 Aug 2008

Hi, you are hijacking coolkid267's Thread. You should start your own Thread.

Diemmess 09:55 19 Aug 2008

I too use Aol and during the late spring and summer have tried to do something about a slow-down every day between say 4.30 when the schools and others are coming home, right through to around 8.30 pm

I set up my own router when I was already a BB user, so don't qualify for router help.
Not that that means much anyway with middle India quoting from their own FAQ, rather attempt an understanding of the particular problem.

Much will depend on your local traffic and what sort of maximum speed you are contracted to have.

Any complaint about very low speeds at peak times has brought promises of things will be better this autumn and why don't reconfigure my router to "[email protected]" instead of "[email protected]"

This I did yesterday though "Live Help" denies a change which is there before my eyes and before I shut down yesterday AOL added some update files!

You can of course have a good moan and horse-trade for better results at the cost of a new contract. Beware of this, though I think Aol have a raft of more attractive offers all of a Sudden.

In case it helps, on my "About Aol" it says I have version 9 and revision number 4156.5037

Halmer 10:30 19 Aug 2008

Apologies.

Didn't realise poster was different than thread starter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?