How good is revo uninstaller?

Snrub 22:37 06 Sep 2011

I have used Revo Uninstaller to remove programs but is it any better than using W7 to remove program? I have had some success with Revo but have instances where it doesn't remove everything. Broadbandmeter is an example, Revo confirms that it has uninstalled everything but when I start the computer the Broadbandmeter logo pops up and Event Viewer logs a widows search error wher it is trying to find the program which has been mostly but not completely uninstalled.

northumbria61 22:43 06 Sep 2011

Personally I have always found it okay for removing stubborn programs. If you find anything left over then run it again. The reviews are good about it and regularly suggested on here.

Snrub 22:50 06 Sep 2011

It will not run again because the program is not showing up despite remnants remaining, there is nothing there to click on-to to attempt a re-run.

Snrub 23:04 06 Sep 2011

Maybe I should install the program again and use the removal tool from the program website?

northumbria61 23:08 06 Sep 2011

Yes, sometimes you have to install in order to uninstall if it allows you to do so.

cocteau48 23:15 06 Sep 2011

I would certainly agree that Revo is not 100% comprehensive in removing all of a program.

Try a registry search, (I use the search function within RegSeeker) after running a Revo uninstall and you will be surprised at how many registry entries may still remain.

Aitchbee 23:16 06 Sep 2011

I have used REVO but can't understand the HUNTER mode.A little target appears on the desktop. What does it do and how do you operate it?

robin_x 00:19 07 Sep 2011

I had a look round once for 'best uninstallers'.

I ended up staying with Revo in spite of its faults.

I seem to remember quite liking IOBit Uninstaller though.

sunnystaines 07:12 07 Sep 2011

same as cocteau48 has said

stlucia2 08:24 07 Sep 2011

I was having trouble recently because some incorrect registry entries remaining from a program I'd uninstalled by deleting its program folder (it wouldn't uninstall properly because of the incorrect registry entries) were preventing me from reinstalling it.

Someone here recommended Revo to me, and it identified and deleted the invalid registry entries (300+ of them) so that I was able to reinstall my program. I'd previously tried CC and RegCure with no success -- RegCure, I think it was, claimed to have identified hundreds of invalid entries, but wanted payment to remove them.

Nontek 08:42 07 Sep 2011

IMHO Revo is excellent, provided one follows the following Instructions set up by Technotiger many moons ago. I use Revo for all my uninstalls.

During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses. After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?