How to go about getting a Windows Update CD

TommyRed 22:18 11 May 2004

My Aunt just got a new XP PC and it will need the windows updates putting on, especially in view of sasser. My question is can I copy to CD-R all the updates as I am totally up to date including the one earlier. If so, how to do it, she's only on dial-up and it will take forever to download them. TIA TR

Mat2 22:33 11 May 2004

Hi

You can order a free cd from Microsoft,

click here

Mat2

sidecar sid 22:44 11 May 2004

You can get a Windows security update cd from here

click here

It contains all MS security updates for XP15 up to 15 October 2003 however this will not include the sasser patch whitch i think was released sometime in April of this year.

You can download and save to disc windows updates using this method posted by powerless

click here

sidecar sid 22:44 11 May 2004

XP15?

Djohn 23:32 11 May 2004

Received mine a couple of weeks back but didn't need it as I have B/B and all up to date.

The CD cover says Security update to Feb. 2004 so I think there is a new release that is not showing on the website.

concise 23:54 11 May 2004

Got mine relatively easily, came in three days. Ran it and the following came up:-
Unable to open content\Win9x\Win98\docs\finish.hta

Error creating process <content\Win9x\W9XSetup.exe/ip>
Reason the system cannot find the file specified.
apart from re-activating the irritating ie screen telling you it can't find the server it doesn't seem to have done anything. Decided it's a MS scam. Unless someone can put me right! (OS Win98)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires