how to get wii online

erk06 03:19 20 Jul 2007

i know very little about computers so all the help i can get will be great. i want to get my wii online and i have tried several times. i just keep getting different 5 digit error codes. i think i need to change some settings on my wireless router? i have windows xp and my router is an actiontec mi424wr. the connection thing calls it a realtek rtl8139 family pci fast ethernet nic.

User-312386 05:12 20 Jul 2007

You need to go into your wireless settings of your router and look up the SSID and Password

When you have the above, enter the details in the Wii settings and you will have connectivity

erk06 21:58 20 Jul 2007

i tried that, it didnt work. i tried changing the wep to the wpa and still no luck. any other ideas?

woodchip 22:01 20 Jul 2007

Best thing is to turn Wep or WPA off until you establish a connection. Then you can run as WPA. You need to turn it off in Router and Wireless

erk06 22:41 20 Jul 2007

how do get to the router or wireless tab? i have windows xp

User-312386 07:51 21 Jul 2007

what router is it?

Do you already use the router wirelessly already?

woodchip 09:24 21 Jul 2007

You usea Web browser as IE or Firefox etc enter the Address given with the Router into the browser Address bar then press enter, you should then get a setup page that you have to put password in. As it's not been changed it may just be

admin

Then look for Wireless settings to change

erk06 18:09 21 Jul 2007

i have an actiontec. it was provided by verizon. i do not have an address that i can find that came with the router. i dont know where to look for something like that. and yes i am currently using it.

woodchip 20:02 21 Jul 2007

This is my address 192.168.1.1 in front of that for mine it as http:// but if I had put that first PCA would have changed it to a Click hear. I did not want to make work for you. The address could also be tried without http:// in front of it

erk06 21:43 21 Jul 2007

so i typed in my address and i got a page that came up. i just dont know what to do now. it says that the ssid is different than what my connection wizard says it is. so i tried typing in what my conn. wizard has and tried to hit apply. but a message came up on the bottom saying error on page. i also tried changing the wep to disable and change the channel it is on, but it keeps saying error on page. what next?

woodchip 21:50 21 Jul 2007

SSID as to be the same in Router as the Wireless Connection. First set the Router to your preferred SSID it's just like using a password, then save the settings and reboot, make a note of the SSID and put it in the wireless Software on the comp. Do not try to setup any Encryption until you get a connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?