How to get Voice working on MSN 6

aussiebikerider 02:41 09 Aug 2003

On 5 family computers, all running Windows XP & all have upgraded to MSN Messenger6. Now no one can have a voice conversation at all. All components appear to work when you do a sound test. But when you invite a voice link, this fails to happen. WHY IS THIS SO? It once worked on ....Windows messenger 4.7 I think it was. Not totally sure on that. Now 5 Aussies have " lost their voices" a small pun. You would expect no problems with XP & MSN messenger 6. Any Ideas. Aussiebikerider

Audeal 14:02 09 Aug 2003

Bump

anchor 17:26 09 Aug 2003

Can`t help in resolving your problem, but I would suggest trying Yahoo messenger.

I used to have voice conversations using version 4.x of MS messenger, but on recommendation I went to Yahoo. So much better, that annoying echo was virtually eliminated. All your contacts would need a Yahoo account, and install Yahoo messenger, - (free).
click here

Audeal 10:06 10 Aug 2003

As with aussiebikerider I am also looking for a cure for this problem, as I can't talk to my brother in Australia. We can see each other but not talk. I suspect this is a software problem and not a system problem. Can anyone help us with a fix or any advice.

As regards to changing to Yahoo Messenger, We did this last week and managed to talk, but I would still prefer to use MSN Messenger as the whole family is using it to type messeges . Any help would be greatfuly received.

Audeal 16:16 10 Aug 2003

Bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?