How to get rid of outlook.???

alibob1526 20:04 03 Feb 2014

For some reason, every time I try to use a browser to look for something, the whole page is taken up by outlook, a program I did not ask for, strongly dislike & just want to get it off my laptop, ASAP. It does not matter what I put in my browser or search engine, the whole page is covered by outlook. Whatever I am looking for just appears as a small bit at the top of the page. My email is Hotmail, but up comes outlook. Do I have to go to another system altogether, if so which one Please.??

wee eddie 20:32 03 Feb 2014

Outlook.com is, as it were, the latest Home of Hotmail, MSN and probably a couple of other eMail Addresses that Microsoft have, in the past, created.

I'm sure that there is a way that one can bypass the Outlook Home Page but, it probably makes more sense to get used to it.

My first eMail address was [email protected] and the arrival of Hotmail as a new Home Page was a shock to the system. I got used to it and now use both my Hotmail & Msn Addresses within Outlook.

Don't worry, in a few years time Outlook will be superseded by some other Home Page that the R&D Department says is more 'cutting edge'.

If it weren't for the fact that R&D Departments occasionally come up with something useful, I'd get rid of the lot. They spend most of their time meddling with perfectly good systems, in order to justify their overblown salaries.

wee eddie 20:36 03 Feb 2014

As an aside I, very briefly, worked for the R&D Department of '3M'.

I still have no idea why they employed me but the money was useful.

iscanut 20:51 03 Feb 2014

As wee e3ddie says, Outlook is Hotmail... is also live.com..They are all the same as well as msn. My email is a hotmail address but I can log into Outlook to get it . You can set your Home page to something of your choice other than outlook/hotmail in your browser and also set your own search engine. If you want help with these settings, you will need to start a new thread.

Woolwell 21:52 03 Feb 2014

Microsoft have created confusion by calling their new version of Hotmail Outlook when there is Outlook Express and Outlook part of the Office suite of programs. The Outlook that you are referring to is not a program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?