How to get pictures of a dvd?

*Kat440* 11:03 10 Oct 2008

Hi

My friend took pictures of me and my husband on our wedding day on her digital camera and she has sent me these pictures on a disc(dvd) they show as a slideshow.

I was wondering how to take the images and seperate them as individual pics (if possible) as i would like a specific picture to print off.

Many thx.
Karen

tullie 11:14 10 Oct 2008

Open the dvd to diplay the pictures,copy and paste to wherever you want them

MAJ 11:26 10 Oct 2008

Get her to email you the individual picture.

Take the memory card to Boots and get your picture printed out, costs about 50 pence.

Borrow her camera or memory card and copy it to your PC.

Use tullie's option but the resolution wouldn't be great.

*Kat440* 11:42 10 Oct 2008

tullie and MAJ.

Many thx for your help, copy paste will not work as when i right click it comes with the options of stop, play, exit etc..

She tried to e-mail them but was having problems with her e-mail, will have to try and get the memory card of her but she lives quite far away.

Many thx.
Karen

MAJ 11:49 10 Oct 2008

If she's having problems with email atm, see if she can upload it to Imageshack click here you could then download it from there.

MAJ 11:52 10 Oct 2008

Or get her to open a Google Mail account and send it through that.

*Kat440* 11:55 10 Oct 2008

Cheers MAJ will speak to her about it and try and get it sorted.

Many thx.
Karen

DieSse 12:15 10 Oct 2008

OR - download this program - MWSnap

This will allow you to cur out and save anything on your screen - including just a single picture out of the slide show. Then you can do what you like with the saved picture.

click here

MAJ 21:37 11 Oct 2008

The only thing wrong with capturing from the screen is that there's a good chance that the pictures have been optimised to create the slideshow, so in capturing from the screen, the resolution wont be good enough for a decent print. What Kat really needs, for a decent print, is the original from the camera.

DieSse 21:40 11 Oct 2008

Whilst that's probably true - there's nothing at all to lose by trying it. I've captured lots of pics from many sources, and by and large come out fine for "snaps".

rdave13 21:49 11 Oct 2008

Try paint.net to extract the photos from the DVD.
Once the DVD auto runs then exit. Files will then be available in 'my computer' if xp.
Link to Paint.Net; click here .
Comes with all the 'help' features you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone